I feel certain that if, in our homes, parents will read from The Book of Mormon prayerfully and regularly, both by themselves and with their children, the spirit of that great book will come to permeate our homes and all who dwell therein. The spirit of reverence will increase; mutual respect and consideration for each other will grow. The spirit of contention will depart. Parents will counsel their children in greater love and wisdom. Children will be more responsive and submissive to the counsel of their parents. Righteousness will increase. Faith, hope, and charity - the pure love of Christ - will abound in our homes and lives, bringing in their wake peace, joy, and happiness.
- President Marion G. Romney

Monday, October 17, 2011

Let's Talk Scheduling....

I am still trying to figure out the best way to present these posts each week.  My hope is that this will be a place where we feel encouraged to study, not that we are always falling behind.  For that reason, I don't think I'm going to post every day.  My thought right now is that on Monday I will post the Book of Mormon study chapters -- we can read them and comment on them all week.  On Wednesday I will post the New Testament Study scriptures (for Gospel Doctrine class on Sunday).  We can read and comment on them for the rest of the week, along with the Book of Mormon.  Finally, on Sunday, I will post a General Conference talk for us to read and discuss.

How does that sound?  Is it attainable?  Realistic?  Something you can commit to?  I'll be honest, it is a lot more fulfilling when we all take time to read and comment -- even a small comment really helps everyone think about the things we're reading!  (And let's be honest, it's a lot more motivating for me to keep posting these if I know someone is actually benefiting from it!)

Oh, and I've tried to make it easier to get updates to this blog by making it possible for you to receive an email telling you a new post has been published.  For those of you who don't use Google Reader or who just like a nice little reminder in your inbox to read your scriptures (haha!), just look over to the right there ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
The topmost option says "Follow by Email."  Just type your email address in there and Google will automatically send you updates.

Let me know your thoughts and then scroll down to see the Book of Mormon reading for the week.

3 comments:

Julie said...

I think that totally works. It's manageable, which is what I need to stick with it. Thanks, Julie!

Amanda D said...

I agree with Julie P. This works! Let me know if you'd like me to do anything to make it easier for you.

Anonymous said...

I like it! And I am behind on commenting, so I'll catch up and get in the game.