I feel certain that if, in our homes, parents will read from The Book of Mormon prayerfully and regularly, both by themselves and with their children, the spirit of that great book will come to permeate our homes and all who dwell therein. The spirit of reverence will increase; mutual respect and consideration for each other will grow. The spirit of contention will depart. Parents will counsel their children in greater love and wisdom. Children will be more responsive and submissive to the counsel of their parents. Righteousness will increase. Faith, hope, and charity - the pure love of Christ - will abound in our homes and lives, bringing in their wake peace, joy, and happiness.
- President Marion G. Romney

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Holy Ghost

Instructions about the Holy Ghost
1. As you study the following verses, make a list of what the Savior taught about (1) what the Holy Ghost does and (2) what disciples must do to receive the Holy Ghost:
John 14:15–17 
 John 14:26–27
 John 15:26–27 
 John 16:7–8
 John 16:13–14 
 Holy Ghost Does 
  •  Abide with us forever
  • teach you all things
  • bring things to your remembrance
  • gives peace
  • testify of God and Christ
  • reprove the world of sin
  • guide you in all truth
  • show you things to come
  • glorify God and Christ
We Must Do to Receive the Holy Ghost
  • Keep the commandments
  •  Bear witness 
  • receive him

Describe how the Holy Ghost helped the Apostles fulfill their missions after
the Savior’s death and resurrection. 
 The Holy Ghost served to be a witness to the teachings and testimonies of the Apostles. He also prepared the people who would be taught to receive the words of the Apostles.
Write a paragraph about a time when the Holy Ghost blessed you in one of
the ways you listed above. Give an example of how the Holy Ghost has inspired you. 

One of the greatest ways the Holy Ghost has blessed me is through teaching and remembering the things I have been taught. I was nervous about beginning college level classes again after so many years. I knew it was feasible that I could learn new things and manage to take tests, what I didn't know was how I would manage to do the things I was already doing in addition to learning new things. During my pathways experience I received the help of the Holy Ghost in both learning and remembering. As I studied the scriptures I was able to make connections to my other classes and drive the learning further. The Holy Ghost also helped me to remember things as I studied and took tests. One time as we were learning a particular math skill, that was befuddling many classmates, I had a lightbulb moment at the hand of the Holy Ghost. Suddenly I remembered formulas and principles I had learned 16 years earlier in high school. I was able to share things that weren't in the book and help a lot of classmates. I too felt my testimony to the Holy Ghost's teaching skills and bring things to my remembrance grow by leaps and bounds. I know that I can do all things through the help of the great gift of the Holy Ghost. 

No comments: