I feel certain that if, in our homes, parents will read from The Book of Mormon prayerfully and regularly, both by themselves and with their children, the spirit of that great book will come to permeate our homes and all who dwell therein. The spirit of reverence will increase; mutual respect and consideration for each other will grow. The spirit of contention will depart. Parents will counsel their children in greater love and wisdom. Children will be more responsive and submissive to the counsel of their parents. Righteousness will increase. Faith, hope, and charity - the pure love of Christ - will abound in our homes and lives, bringing in their wake peace, joy, and happiness.
- President Marion G. Romney

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Living Scripture- Go Ye Therefore by Silvia H. Allred

This week we'll read this one. Go Ye Therefore by Silvia H. Allred
As in the past, please share your thoughts and insights from your reading.

3 comments:

Amanda D said...

I really enjoyed this talk. There have been times in my life that I have thought I should have gone on a mission. It seems like the women at church that really know the scriptures served missions. Looking back with regret wont do any good, so I need to do what Sister Allred says: "...finding investigators, teaching and baptizing, fellowshipping new members and fellowshipping and teaching less-active members."

She said some ways we can do this: smile, be a good neighbor & friend, be an example and I think we can add visiting teaching in there. I loved this quote: This is the Lord's work, and He will help us do it. It's the truth!

Amanda D said...

Nothing new to add- just subscibing to the comments. Sorry!

Liz said...

What a great place for those of us moms who have baies napping and somewhere to post our studies when we have a moment. I hope that the skipped week is not a trend or if it is that we can get it going again.
What an inspirational woman Sister Allred is. I am always amazed at people who hear the gospel and are immediately drawn to it and have a fever for it. I was raised LDS and I didn't gett that fever for it until I left it and was lead back to it.
I have been getting promptings about my personal missionary work that I have been ignoring or putting off. It is time for me to go out and do those things that put our light on a hill so it is not hid.
Please keep this going. I am so excited for the common study and wonderful comments from everyone.