I feel certain that if, in our homes, parents will read from The Book of Mormon prayerfully and regularly, both by themselves and with their children, the spirit of that great book will come to permeate our homes and all who dwell therein. The spirit of reverence will increase; mutual respect and consideration for each other will grow. The spirit of contention will depart. Parents will counsel their children in greater love and wisdom. Children will be more responsive and submissive to the counsel of their parents. Righteousness will increase. Faith, hope, and charity - the pure love of Christ - will abound in our homes and lives, bringing in their wake peace, joy, and happiness.
- President Marion G. Romney

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

...That We May Protect our Brethren...

As I read Alma 27 & 28 today, I was struck by how willing the Nephite members of the Church were to help the newly converted Lamanites keep their covenants. How can we do that with newly baptize, newly activated, or even long-time members of the Church? How can we help each other keep our covenants?
Which verses in these chapters illustrate ways to do that?
Alma 27:28-30 describe the way the people of Ammon viewed their past sins. What does this teach us about repentance?

Thoughts on Alma 28?

1 comment:

Monica said...

Julie- sorry for the lack of imput but I promise I have been keeping up with my reading at least! We have had a busy past week and a half or so it seems but I am still reading! Just wanted to let you know I haven't vanished, just have been too busy to contribute but I have been reading and keeping up and enjoying the scriptures very much!